Child abuse is the major problem not only of India but of whole world. It is increasing in a great extent so we are here to share some knowledge on the child abuse by using this measures you can stop up to some extent. Abusing has adverse effect on children and also on the family in communities. If any child is abused sexually, emotionally or physically, he/she may have below Symptoms:
- Changes in behavior.
- Feels scared if he/she is going towards any other person and also if they come and try to entertain them.
- Don’t want to go school, work.
- Don’t participate in any activity i.e. don’t play at home and behavior will be different and not normal.
- Don’t like touching of any person.
- Neglect everything.
- Loose self-confidence.
- 1 of 10 children are the victim of child maltreatment.
- 1 of 16 children are the victim of sexual abuse.
- 1 of 10 children become victim of the family violence.
- 70-75% people are relatives or part of family members.
- Every 10 second a report is registered on child abuse.
- Approx. 4 children die every day because of child abuse.
- 1 of 3 girl child are sexually abused before 18yrs.
- 1 of 5 boy child are sexually abused before 18yrs.
- Around 1500 children died in 2010 where 79.4% of the children were 4yrs old while 47.7% children were 1yrs old. (You would be feeling ashamed. Even I am feeling so and I want to really do something for them. You also want then you can also join. Read below how?).
Media plays important role in such cases but sometimes media can also create problem to the victims by showing the news of such thing and demotivating the victims because it can lead their families to problem in their community. Teachers and staffs are also responsible to track of or speak if there is any abusive going on in the school and just not neglect because their negligence can make such people do more and more. It’s their responsibilities. They should punish student who is doing wrong to someone so that if any other guys tries to do the same then they will be aware of the consequences and stop. Physical abuse, drugs abuse, sexual abuse takes place most in the schools, college and work place.
Law plays important role in stopping such kind of incidents. Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) Act was passed in Indian parliament in 2012 due to increases in child abuse rate. If any person found guilty as per this Act then that person is termed as death penalty or life sentence. If you try to touch private parts or display something bad or intercourse or rape or if anyone knows something about such things happening nearby then they should inform to police about such incidents. If not informed than they can also face any police action and can also be punished. These incidents take place in buses, schools etc. which are public places so people have to take care. Parents should also take care of children and they should treat children in such a way that they share everything with you. The relationship of parents and children should be more of friends which will help to know what children thinks and is there any problem. A child helpline number 1098 by Government has been initiated where you can call and register complain if you don’t want to go to police station. Remember your one step can change one children’s life. Children’s don’t speak anything if they are abused so they should be given proper education so that they should know what is proper and improper thing which can happen and they can speak what have happened to them. Be interactive and independent on such topics so that children will come to know that parents are supportive. Be open-minded and extrovert and don’t bring any Communist thinking that it is against our religion. Parents should build self-confidence in such children. They should motivate them and try to help child to build self-confidence and be extrovert.
On this occasion of Children’s day I and you take an oath to stand against child abusing. I would not harasse any child and not let any other person to do so. If you have taken oath than pass it on to 3 more person and so on. Surely beacuse of this measures there will be decrease in rate of child abuse. If you think I am bluffing than just imagine the victim of child abuse as yourself. Thats it rest is you know.
If you feel this article was useful to you and have given you enough knowledge and motivated you then do comment below. Please share this article so that more and more people stand up against child abuse and it can be stopped till the next Children’s Day.
[quote bcolor=””red” arrow=”yes”]
Happy Children’s Day..!!!! Jai Hind..!!!