Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9” combines the elements of a tablet and an eBook reader in a single device. It is smaller than an average full-sized tablet making it simple to carry along. The Kindle Fire uses Fire 3.0 operating system which is Amazon-exclusive OS with an Android base. The OS is very user-friendly that makes the Kindle interface better than other tablets of similar make.
Kindle Fire offers 10-point multi-touch screen. This feature makes it a perfect contender in the tablets markets. Its small screen and high resolution enhances its text and graphics presentation to be of high quality, hence it can be used as eBook reader.
- 8.9-inch touch screen display with 250×1600 resolution(339ppi)
- Dimension:- 231mmx158mmx7.8mm
- Wi-Fi 802.11a, 802.11b,802.11n and 4G LTE, HSPA+, HSDPA and EDGE/GPRS wireless connectivity
- Weight of 384g
- 2GB RAM memory
- 16GB, 32GB or 64GB of internal memory
- Up to 12 hours Battery life charging under 5 hours
- USB 2.0(micro-B connector) port
- 3.5mm stereo jack and integrated stereo speakers
- Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope and GPS (4G) support.
- 1.3MP front-facing and 8MP rear camera
- 2.2GHz quad-core processor
The front facing camera and the built-in Skype application allows you to keep in touch with those you care about and enjoy photos taken during weekends and holidays. Kindle has also good support for various multimedia file formats including FLV, M4V, MP4, 3GP, MP3 among others. This brings you entertainment at your reach while you are relaxing.
Kindle has a variety of image support formats such as JPEG, PNG, BMP among others. You can therefore open any photo from your phone.
Music is also exclusive to the device. The stereo speakers use Dolby Digital Plus to enhance your listening experience. They therefore provide you with the best sound quality that you would ever want to hear.
The battery life of Kindle Fire is excellent, up to 11 hours, depending on how you use your device. In standby mode, the battery lasts for up to two days.
The high speed processor makes running applications much faster and hence you don’t have to wait long before application loads. The high processing speed also enhances the graphics driver. This ensures games and graphics are rendered correctly to the end user.