Apple iPad (4th generation) continues to reign as the king in the large tablet market today. It’s top performance, high quality camera, speedy Wi-Fi, a stellar screen and its cool library of apps. iPad is full package, unlike other 10-inch tablets, making it a five star product and an Editors’ choice.
iPad fourth-generation is much like the previous models and its pricing are quite similar. It comes in three flavors 16GB ($499), 32GB($599) and 64GB($699) and the same size LTE variant going at $629, $729 and $829 respectively.
Physical features (Specifications)
The following are the specs of iPad fourth-generation:
- 9.7-inch screen surrounded by a black or white bezel
- 5MP camera
- Comes in black and white
- Height 9.5-inch, width 7.31-inch and depth 0.37-inch
- Weight 1.44pounds(652 g)
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 2048-by-1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)
- 1.2MP camera with backside illumination
- 720p video recording
- Face detection and FaceTime video calling over Wi-Fi or cellular network
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Dual-core A6V (1.4GHz) with quad-core graphics
- 12-watt charger, up to 11 hours playback time
The new iPad, like its predecessors, run iOS 6 which provides app richness for this device. the phone comes with text and embedded maps and allows installation of third party maps. Though it lacks GPS, the tablet can still find its location. Its screen performs better for large devices with high aspect ratio.
iPad comes with preinstalled applications such as: Siri, Safari, Mail, Photos, Video, Music, iTunes, App Store, Maps, Calendar, Game center, Photo Booth, dictation Application (recognize voice input), Skype(VoIP application), and Contacts.
The tablet also comes with an optional iBook application that enables you to access eBooks, ePubs and other writings. This allows you to read your favorite books and new books with a lot of ease and anywhere.